Thank you for your interest in Employment Opportunities with the August Wilson Center for African American Culture. We are currently accepting applications for the positions listed below.
Current Available Positions:
- House Manager
The August Wilson Center for African American Culture is seeking a part-time House Manager. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating ,scheduling, training and managing volunteer ushers(including the coordination of program inserts and distribution)
- Preparing and communicating pre-performance information messages to patrons
- Maintaining applicable attendance records, verifying nightly ticket count, and preparing nightly performance reports.
- Overseeing the setup and storage of concessions
- Working closely with the box office to troubleshoot ticket issues and ticket buying concerns
- Ensure all fire and security procedures are communicated to all volunteers
- Ensure front of house as well as restrooms are cleaned and maintained
- Assisting with special projects, as needed
Candidates should have experience as a house manager in a theater or performance venue. Candidates must possess exemplary customer service and communication skills, and be a strong team leader.
- Event Coordinator
- Customer Service Representative
Thank you for your interest in working with The August Wilson Center!
Send cover letter, resume and three references to August Wilson Center for African American Culture, 980 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222-3736 or fax to: 412.258.2701. No phone calls, please.
The August Wilson Center for African American Culture is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, or sexual orientation.